Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to the best mother in the world, Mine!

Today, I think of Mama and feel so grateful for the gift of life and the chance to enjoy the beautiful life I've had so far.  It was a challenging year for her last year as she had an ailment that she kept from us to save us, her children,  from worrying. Being a mother myself, I tend to  do this and help myself first before I tell my kids.

 It  all came to a head early this year and we nearly lost her.  She was near death when she was admitted to the hospital sometime in January. After my overseas trip I had to dash home to Baguio City, Philippines after my brother told me about her situation.  She gave me a chance to show her my love and  care by letting me nurture her back to health. It also united us her children as we all came together from other parts of the world to be with her.  Mama had 8 children and 7 are still here alive and kicking, so to speak.

Mama is responding well to her chemotherapy, is back to her normal self and is keeping up with her food and medications.

Happy Mother's Day Mama Lourdes (Unding to her close family and friends).  May you have decades more of Happy Mother's Days to come. God bless you and  I love you!

Mama, the 'blushing bride"

Mama is waiting for her turn to be given a pin as an Alumni of the Outstanding Citizens of Baguio

With her co awardees. So proud that she was awarded an Outstanding Citizen of the City of Baguio, the summer capital of the Philippines 3 years ago, for her achievements as an education innovator in the fields of home economics and her services to the community of Baguio

Her very proud children, 4 boys and 3 girls

Taken at her home in Loakan

During her 'recovery' undergoing the painful effects of Chemotherapy, with brod Joseph and myself.  She never ceases to have fun with us even in her ailment.